Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thank you!

Wow!  I've gotten my first blog award thanks to the very supportive and excellent painter Dean H. at Deano's Den ( Gallery).   Dean's great passion for paint and for depicting animals, landscape, still life, and the figure in glowing, sculptural brushstrokes is only surpassed by his great heart. Thanks, Dean!  The award, created by Kim Ratigan, requires the recipient to list 7 things we love, and to pass the award along to another 7 passionate painters.

Addendum: Thank you to dear Irit Bourla for also sending me this award. Irit is a self-taught painter and travel agent who paints colorful people and animals.  I am honored, Irit.

In addition to a current affair with Winsor Newton Deep Turqouise, I love:
  1. laughing till my sides hurt.  It makes everything else feel better;
  2. sailing, or any activity on, near, or in salt water;
  3. the cool hush of cathedrals, libraries and deep forests;
  4. the excitement of busy airports; exploring new places;
  5. time with friends;
  6. animals, and cuddling with my 4-legged pals;
  7. flowers, books, clean sheets and summer melon.

I'm sending the Passionate Painting Award on to:
(and if you're "tagged out," no worries! )

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love many of the same things!
I'm glad Deano gave you this award. Well deserved for a talented lady.

Margaret Mayer said...

You are so sweet Liz. Thank you for giving me this award. Gosh, ditto... on your 7 things. I love #1. Have a blessed day! :)

Manon said...

Thanks for the award LIz!
You definitely deserved this award!

L.Holm said...

Thanks, Sheila, Cathyann, Maggie and Manon!

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I gave you an award come get it.

Michelle said...

Hi Liz,

I can see your passion for painting in all of your beautiful works and thoughtful words here. Great list of "loves" too!

Thank you so much for passing this award along to me...you are too kind!

Jala Pfaff said...

Hi Liz,
I'm so glad to "meet" you! Thanks for coming by my blog.

Your work is fabulous. I especially like your portraits (the one of your mother is really moving, and I like the one of that black guy laughing, that's great) and your roses...wow...I'm a fan too! I'm definitely adding you to my blogroll to come back and visit some more; want to exchange links?
Cheers!

L.Holm said...

Thanks so much, Michelle, and you're welcome!

Jala - thank you. great idea!

Edward Burton said...

Congratulations to you, Liz! Wonderful list - I love living next to water - we can see San Francisco bay from our living room window. Excellent choice of artists too.

Dean H. said...

Thank you, Liz, for the glowing words of praise that you heaped upon me! It almost even makes me like myself...Lol!
I love your list of things you love plus your excellent choices for recipients.

L.Holm said...

Edward - thanks so much. Now I'm officially envious of your location! Wow.

Dean - Thanks, and I stand by every word : )