Sunday, March 29, 2009

Art for Animals, Lemonade and more Passion!












 Sheila Tajima and Carrie Jacobson, the talented and generous women who have launched the Art for Shelter Animals Project , sent this lovely thank you for my donation of a few dollars to help the cause. They have a unique spin on linking visual artists with local shelters. Sheila and Carrie are energetic in their support of animals in need of homes, and in their support of their fellow artists. Thank you both!

Speaking of energy and drive, the indomitable Cathyann Burgess, has sent along the Lemonade Award given to bloggers who show gratitude and a positive attitude.  Cathyann is a prolific and talented painter from Virginia whose site has some of the most lovely springtime daffodils, not to mention my favorite e.e. cummings quote.  I'm honored, Cathyann.  Thank you.

Phenomenal father and painter Tom Pohlman zapped the Passionate Painting Award back my way this weekend.  One look at Tom's work, and you know this man is passionate about life. He is the brushwork king, and always has a light-hearted word of support for his fellow painters. Thank you, Tom.  You are a shining light.
(please see previous post for my passionate painting award list....)

The Lemonade Award rules:
1. Post the logo on your blog
2. Nominate at least 7 blogs that show great gratitude and/or attitude
3. List and link your nominator in your post
4. List and link your nominees in your post, and let them know they're recipients

The Lemonade Award goes to the following artists with generous spirits:

Dear recipients: again - no worries if you are "tagged out."  : -)

This just in !  Also received the Passionate Painting Award from the fantastic painter Douglas Hoover !  Am humbled. Thank you so much.  Doug's glowing paintings of life on the N. Carolina coast are superb. His harbor, boat and beach scenes are a vacation for the soul. 

 I'd also like to say if you love cats, and great photography, please visit Doug's friend Teressa Williams' site and see her cats of Ocracoke Island.  They are stunning.  

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! The Hat Trick of awards! Congrats! So Well Deserved!!! hugs.

Leslie Saeta said...

Congrats on your awards! They are very well deserved! Way to go.

artbyakiko said...

Congrats Liz! Well deserved, indeed.
And thanks for the Lemonade Award! I'm very honored. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your awards Liz - I am so glad to receive the Lemonade Award from you! Love your work and I am one of your followers now - bless you for supporting Sheila and Carrie's rescue project.
with pughugs from Texas!!!

Edward Burton said...

Congratulations for all of your awards, Liz, they are very well deserved!

Douglas Hoover said...

Vacations for the Soul... I love it! Darling, you rock!

And thanks for mentioning Teressa's work. She'll certainly appreciate that.

To continued creativity and success...

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Congrats. on your awards!

And thanks for passing one along to me. As soon as I'm done getting ready for my upcoming show I'll post it on my blog.

Lauren Maurer said...

Wow! Very impressive work! No wonder you are getting so many awards! Thanks for stopping by and the comment on my blog!

L.Holm said...

Sheila and Edward - many thanks to you both.
Akiko, Nancy & Kim - you're welcome, and thank you.
Douglas - Thanks! you,too.
Lauren - thanks so much, and thank for visiting!

Unknown said...

Well I think those awards say it all, very well done, glad I am now following your wonderful blog!

Dean H. said...

Well this just proves that you are much loved, Liz! Your mantle is truly crowded with all the well deserved awards!

Unknown said...

Wow - congrats on your awards and thanks so much for nominating me with a Lemonade Award!

L.Holm said...

Sam - I'm glad I'm following your blog, too.

Dean- shucks. Thank you!! (very very very much). :-)

Barb - you're most welcome!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Liz,
Congratulations on your awards, your work is excellent.
Thank you so much for the Lemonade award. What a wonderful surprise. You are very kind. Joan

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Liz,
I tried to bring up the Lemonade Award Logo, don't have a clue how it's done. I did however give thanks to you and Nancy on my blog, but again didn't know how to highlight your names so people can just click on your names. I still have lots to learn about blogging. In the meantime thank you.

L.Holm said...

Thanks, Cathyann. I just call 'em like i see 'em!
Can't wait to see your dog portaits. : )